Tuesday 18 January 2011

Smile

 “There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all” Anonymous 
This blog is part of my campaign to get more people smiling and to encourage everyone to smile more at strangers, friends and loved ones.
 A smile is universal. It can express more than words. It is free. A smile brings people together. It is a very powerful form of communication.

Last week, I was out walking and I passed a lady at a bus stop. I smiled at her. She stopped me and said 'thank you, you are the first person that has walked passed me and smiled'. That one tiny action had meant so much to her.  
It is so easy to get caught up in our own world, our own thoughts. Next time you are out, smile at everyone you see! It is incredibly rewarding and sometimes, they even smile back! 
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”Leo Buscaglia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment